Mackinac Island & State Park - Day Trip
While staying at the Inn a great day trip would be to Mackinac Island, 80% state park that features limestone bluffs and mystical geological formations. Board a ferry boat in Mackinaw City with some fresh warm fudge on hand for the 16 minute boat trip to see one of Michigan's most historic state parks:
Things to enjoy:
- World famous fudge making on the island or in Mackinaw City
- Historic Fort Mackinac
- Historic Grand Hotel - Where the movie "Somewhere in Time" was filmed
- How an island get's things done with no motor vehicles since 1898
- Horse drawn carriage tours and horseback riding
- Arch Rock
- Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory
- Cannon boom at Fort Mackinac, daily during peak season
- Enjoy great bike riding trails and the entire island (8.2 miles)
- NEW for 2013 season: The Richard & Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum.
Visitor information is available at (231) 436-4100 or on the web at www.MackinacParks.com.