Mackinac Island & State Park - Day Trip
While staying at The Inn, take a day trip to Mackinac Island, 80% of the island is state park, explore limestone bluffs and mystical geological formations. Board a ferry boat in Mackinaw City with some fresh fudge on hand for the 16 minute boat trip to see one of Michigan's most unique and historic state parks:
Things to enjoy:
- World famous fudge making on the island or in Mackinaw City
- Historic Fort Mackinac
- Historic Grand Hotel - Where the movie "Somewhere in Time" was filmed
- How an island gets things done with no motor vehicles since 1898
- Horse drawn carriage tours and horseback riding
- Arch Rock
- Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory
- Cannon boom at Fort Mackinac, daily during peak season
- Enjoy great bike riding trails and the entire island (8.2 miles)
- The Richard & Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum.
Visitor information is available at 231. 436.4100 or on the web at MackinacParks.com.